A few months ago I went searching for something familiar. When you’ve been commuting 800+ miles for a year it’s pretty easy to forget what’s real. So we turned our attention to music and found some new artists to mix in with old favorites. The result is this year’s Summer Mix.
For the select few who have interest, we present Summer Mix 2010: Low on Cash.
- “Back Where I Started”, The Derek Trucks Band
- “Love Is the Only Way”, Robert Randolph & The Family Band featuring Dave Matthews
- “The Truth”, JJ Grey & Mofro
- “Stop This Train”, John Mayer
- “Making Memories”, Rush
- “Lay Lady Lay”, Anthony Hamilton, Buddy Guy & Robert Randolph
- “Caravan (Live)”, Van Morrison
- “Low on Cash”, Eric Lindell
- “The Righteous Path”, The Drive-By Truckers
- “Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution”, The Black Crowes
- “Don’t Stop Believin'”, Pickin’ On Series
- “Big White Gate”, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- “Up All Night”, Widespread Panic
- “Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)”, Dave Matthews Band
- “In the Colors”, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
- “Still Alive and Well”, Carolyn Wonderland
- “Almost Cut My Hair”, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
The tracks are in no certain order. The intent was to assemble tunes that went well together regardless of order. In fact, the mix takes on it different persona each time you play it on “shuffle.”
Yes, we had to keep the Journey cover. It started out being fun. It’s still fun and the bluegrass works with the blue riffs of the rock. Make sure to listen to it all the way through to get the full effect. It’s a great mix ender when the iPod places it there!
New this year: the interactive mix on YouTube. You can also download the mix from iTunes minus “Caravan” and “Lay Lady Lay” (see below).